To support the leadership development needs of public librarians in accordance with the PLA strategic plan and to advise and recommend to the PLA Board of Directors strategies related to leadership development for the profession. The Leadership Development Committee will:
- Recommend, develop, promote and support leadership development programs and activities
- Explore new leadership trends, partnerships and effective practices to create leading edge learning opportunities
- Leverage new technologies and funding sources to expand delivery of leadership training
- Work with partners, PLA members and staff as appropriate to identify leadership training development needs
- Explore and review policies, practices, and funding mechanisms used by other organizations to train new leaders
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2018. Last retrieved on 06/19/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
1 chair and up to 10 members (minimum 1 chair and 4 members)
Established at the request of the PLA Board. Supersedes the PLA Leadership Task Force.
To be a thriving, vibrant organization, PLA must have committed and active committee members. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please read and fill out the online volunteer form.
- Volunteers are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Appointments are made by the PLA President and President-Elect, primarily in the spring.
- Volunteers must be members of ALA and PLA.