Teaching Information Literacy to College Students
- Teaching and learning—pedagogy for information literacy
- How to create an exercise
- ALA-ACRL Standards for Information Literacy and other tools
- Defining a problem/question and finding information
- Evaluation of Information in General and on the Web
- Problem-based, Inquiry-Based and Experiential Learning
Joanna M. Burkhardt is professor and head librarian at the University of Rhode Island (URI) branch libraries in Providence and Narragansett. She coordinates the information literacy program at the branches and teaches sections of URI’s course in information literacy. She has taught online courses for the Association of College and Research Libraries.
How to Register
Registration for this ALA Editions facilitated eCourse, which begins on Jund 3, 2013, can be purchased at the ALA Store at http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3346
Participants in this course will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection for online message board participation, viewing online video, listening to streaming audio (MP3 files), and downloading and viewing PDF and PowerPoint files.