Online Learning Registration
All ALA Online Learning opportunities fall into one of the following types. However, the registration listing pages for these types do not include all the available online learning options, since some units do not use this registration system. Browse by topic or unit to ensure that you have located programs of interest, then follow the registration instructions provided on the class description form.
- Online Course: May be synchronous or asynchronous; requires multiple visits/sessions and 4-20 hours of activities.
- Webinar: Synchronous (defined date/time) event, duration usually 1-2 hours.
- Webcast: Recorded webinars, available 24/7.
To register online for ALA Online Learning, click on the type of offering using the images or the left navigation. Locate the title in the list, then click the Registration link to the right of the title. This will launch a login form that has options for creating a profile and for recovering lost passwords and login ids.
Registering online for fee-based online learning requires a credit card and login to the website. If you do not have a profile, you will need to create one.
- Members should use their existing login and password. (If you have never logged into the website, look on your membership card for this information.)
- Non-members with an existing login profile should use it.
- Anyone with a profile can retrieve their login and password using the links on the login page.