Engaging Teens with Digital Media: Creating Stories and Games
- Navigate Machinima, one of the top video entertainment networks for gamers, and incorporate it into library programs or digital media labs
- Develop a game design document
- Compare game creation software and identify the best options for your needs
- Understand alternate reality games and how they relate to libraries and transmedia storytelling
- Generate ideas for creating library games for mobile devices
- Create digital media library programs that develop 21st-century skills
Kelly Czarnecki is a Teen Services Librarian at ImaginOn with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Library in North Carolina and an experienced collaborator with community groups in teen programming.. Author of Gaming in Libraries (THE TECH SET® #9) and the Library Technology Reports issue “Digital Storytelling in Practice,” she also wrote School Library Journal’s “Gaming Life” column for several years. She is a former chair of YALSA’s Teen Tech Week committee and a frequent presenter on the intersection of gaming and libraries.
Date(s) & Time(s)
This eCourse begins on October 7th and lasts 4 weeks.
Registration is $175.00 for individuals.