Demystifying Copyright: How to Educate Your Staff and Community
- Understanding the risks of copyright infringement and how to protect your library from lawsuits
- Understanding the need for compliance under U.S. and global copyright law
- Evaluating copyright issues in your library
- Developing a copyright education plan
- Assessing materials, content, and technology in order to equip an instruction team for your institution
- Keeping your educational program up to date
Lesley Ellen Harris, an intellectual property attorney, has trained libraries, museums, and corporations in copyright. In this 4-week eCourse, she will guide you step by step through developing a copyright education program for your staff and community.
How to Register
Registration for this ALA Editions facilitated eCourse, which begins on September 9, 2013, can be purchased at the ALA Store. http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3487
The fee for this course is $175.00. Registration can be purchased at the ALA Store: http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3487.