Demystifying Copyright: How to Educate Your Staff and Community
- Understanding the risks of copyright infringement and how to protect your library from lawsuits
- Understanding the need for compliance under U.S. and global copyright law
- Evaluating copyright issues in your library
- Developing a copyright education plan
- Assessing materials, content, and technology in order to equip an instruction team for your institution
- Keeping your educational program up to date
Lesley Ellen Harris, an intellectual property attorney, has trained libraries, museums, and corporations in copyright. In this 4-week eCourse, she will guide you step by step through developing a copyright education program for your staff and community.
Date(s) & Time(s)
This four week course begins in February 4th, 2013.
The fee for this course is $175.00. Registration can be purchased at the ALA Store: http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3487.
How to Register
Registration for this ALA Editions facilitated eCourse, which begins on February 4th, 2013, can be purchased at the ALA Store. http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3487