Battle Bullying with Books: Celebrate No Name-Calling Week (Booklist Webcast from 01/25/2011)
Bullying is a hot-button topic, and while kids and adults alike acknowledge the distressing problem of peer intimidation, it remains a pervasive issue. Join Booklist Publications for an hour-long webcast on how high-quality children’s and young adult literature can help prevent bullying, including a presentation by James Howe, acclaimed author of The Misfits (2001). Attendees will also learn about the eighth annual National No Name-Calling Week (January 24–28, 2011), created by the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. Sponsored by Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Albert Whitman and Company, Rosen Publishing, and Candlewick Press.
Who Should Attend
- James Howe, children's and YA author
- Michelle F. Bayuk, Director of Marketing, Albert Whitman & Company
- Miriam Gilbert, Director, Rosen Publishing Online
- Sharon K. Hancock, Executive Director, School & Library Marketing, Candlewick Publishing
- Jenny Betz, Education Manager, GLSEN