Proposals must include the following components:
- The Application Cover Sheet.
- Resume for each person responsible for the project, including list of publications.
- For each applicant, two letters from professional references attesting to the ability of the applicants(s) to carry out the project
- A statement of purpose that provides a clear and concise description of the project, the scope of subjects covered and the intended audiences.
- A plan of work that includes a schedule for completion and addresses research, compilation, and writing activities.
- A plan for the timely publication or dissemination of the work, including a plan for hosting the website.
- A budget that itemizes and justifies costs.
- Need: What problem, issue or concern will be addressed by this project?
- Purpose: What do you hope to achieve by undertaking this project? Include in your answer both the anticipated immediate impact of the project and its potential for the future.
- Target audience: Who is the audience for this project? Why?
- Planned activities: Outline what you intend to do and when you intend to do it. Include a time line or calendar. Remember that the project should be completed within two years. Be as specific as possible.
- Plans for sharing the results of your project: Describe how you intend to share the results of the project with others in the library field. Sharing of results can take place after the end of the project.
- Evaluation: How will you know if the project is successful?
- Describe the knowledge and experience of the people who will be doing the project. Please state specifically why they are qualified for THIS project.
The budget should include all costs that can be specifically identified with the proposal and should show both costs being covered by other sources and the amount being requested from the Carnegie-Whitney Grant.
Possible categories are:
- The Grant money may be used to provide support staff with a stipend, but it is not meant for the applicant to pay themselves
- Consultant services
- Web design
- Travel for work on the project
- Supplies and materials, including software
- Other services, including such costs as rental of space, rental of equipment, communications, and short-term computer services.
The Grant does not cover the purchase of equipment for production/manufacturing of the final product, nor does it cover the cost of printing or web hosting for publication, or indirect costs.
Here is a sample budget to assist with your application.
The Application Cover Sheet and your proposal must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals can be sent anytime prior to the deadline date.