- Check out joke and riddle books from your local library.
- Play Old Maid or Memory with the reproducible playing cards on this page.
- Give children the reproducible activity sheets available on this page.
- Let kids make paper bag puppets and glue reproducible riddles on the back.
- Dream up your own ways to motivate kids to read just for the fun of it.
Motivating Kids to Read with Riddles
Readers of Reading Is Funny! can download, modify, and print the reproducibles from appendix C here.
Patterns for Bulletin Board Cutouts
Talking Turnip Playing Cards
Loony Library Playing Cards
Can You Fill in the Blanks? Activity Sheet
Who Said That? Activity Sheet
Who Wrote That? Activity Sheet
Crack the Code Activity Sheet
Why Should You Go to the Library? Activity Sheet
Answers to Activity Sheets
Mother Goose Riddles for Dish Puppets
Library Riddles for Paper Bag Puppets
Ghost Riddles for Paper Bag Puppets
Snow Riddles for Paper Bag Puppets