Step-by-Step Instructions for Donating Online to the Cultural Communities Fund via giveALA
1) Click on the giveALA link at:
2) If you do not already have an ALA web profile, click on the red I don’t have a web profile. I would like to donate button. Continue to step 4.
3) If you have an ALA web profile, skip to step 7.
4) Enter your last name and primary e-mail address where prompted – this ensures that multiple web profiles are not created under your name.
5) You will then be prompted to enter your contact information (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.). Additionally, giveALA will ask you whether you prefer to use your work or home address for future communications.
6) After contact information is entered, you will be returned to the giveALA site to make your donation.
7) From the giveALA Online Donation Form, click on ALA Divisions and Offices, on the left side of your screen.
8) Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will find the Public Programs Office and the Cultural Communities Fund listing.
9) Enter your preferred donation amount in the box to the right of the Cultural Communities Fund listing. Please note that donations of less than $10.00 cannot be accepted via the online donation form – donations of $10.00 or less should be submitted via the printable gift form [hyperlink] or via phone at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 3259.
10) Scroll back up to the top of the page and select the Checkout button on the left side of the screen.
11) Once you have confirmed that the donation amount is correct, click on the Add to Basket button, then the Proceed with Checkout button.
12) Enter your preferred payment method (giveALA accepts American Express, Mastercard and Visa), then click Complete Order to submit your donation.
13) You will receive a donation confirmation e-mail to your primary e-mail address shortly after your donation.
Thank you for your donation to the ALA Cultural Communities Fund!
Return to Cultural Communities Fund