ALA Committee on Research and Statistics
Charge of Committee
To serve as an advisory committee for the Office for Research and Statistics.
- To facilitate research and related activities in all units of the Association, especially activities related to library statistics.
- To advise the ALA Council and Executive Boards on programs, policy, and priorities regarding research and related activities.
- To recommend procedures to achieve expeditious consideration of all ALA unit proposals for research and related activities by the ALA Executive Board.
- To encourage the establishment of divisional committees for the purpose of stimulating research and statistics; to maintain liaisons with all units of the Association regarding research and related activities in the units.
- To identify questions regarding library service which need to be answered through research and promote the conduct of research to answer those questions.
- To review and make recommendations concerning national data collection efforts pertaining to libraries, recommending inclusions, definitions, procedures, and policies as appropriate.
- To serve as a base committee for liaisons from other associations and groups with shared concerns about library statistics.
This webinar, brought to you by ALA's Committee on Research and Statistics, offered an essential primer on altmetrics - new measures of how scholarship is shared, saved, consumed, and commented upon online - and offered specific steps librarians can take to educate and support cutting-edge faculty on their campus.
Presenter: Stacy Konkiel
A free webinar sponsored by the ALA Committee on Research and Statistics that provided an overview of best practices in the graphical presentation of quantitative information, emphasizing the need for clarity, fairness, accuracy, and visual efficiency.
Presenter: Ray Lyons
Linda Hofschire, Interim Chair 2013-2014
Kathy Rosa, Staff Liaison, email@example.com