The Carroll Preston Baber Research Grant
Schedule and Procedures
- Applicants develop proposals, complete cover sheet, update resumes.
- Applicant e-mails one copy of proposal, coversheet, and resume(s) by deadline date to the ALA Staff Liason (deadline date and address listed on the Baber Grant Guidelines page).
- Jury meets to select winner at the ALA Midwinter Meeting or offsite/ virtually at that period.
- Jury Chair informs applicants of Jury's decision within 30 days of the Midwinter Meeting.
- Grant winner receives check for half of the amount of the award within one month after the ALA Annual Conference.
- Grantee submits six-month report to the ALA Staff Liaison who will forward a copy to the current jury chair. (See separate instruction page for content of six-month report.)
- The two people just named agree on acceptability of six-months report and approve second payment.
- Staff liaison arranges second payment.
- Grantee completes work and produces final project report. (See separate instruction page.)
- Staff Liaison sends letter informing grantee that project is complete and sends copy to Jury members.
- Grantee implements dissemination plan and keeps Staff Liaison informed of presentations and publications.
For more information, please see the following: