Jean E. Coleman Library Outreach Lecture
About the Coleman Lecture
Dr. Jean E. Coleman was the first director of OLOS. This lecture series is a fitting tribute to her work to ensure that all citizens, particularly Native Americans and adult learners, have access to quality library services. The lecture series will continue to teach library professionals more about their roles in providing equity of access.
Sponsored by the Office for Literacy and Outreach Services, the Jean E. Coleman Library Outreach Lecture is presented each year during the American Library Association's Annual Conference.
Coleman Testimonial from the ALA Social Responsibilities Round Table Action Council
2015 Coleman Lecture - Dr. Carla D. Hayden
Dr. Carla D. Hayden, CEO of the Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore, will return to deliver the 2015 Jean E. Coleman Library Outreach Lecture during ALA’s Annual Conference in San Francisco. Dr. Hayden was selected by the Advisory Committee of the ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services in recognition of her efforts to keep the Enoch Pratt Free Library and its branches open and continually engaged with the Baltimore community during the civil unrest in the wake of the death of Freddie Gray in April.
Past Coleman Lecture Presentations
- 2014: Ginny Moore (Keynote coming soon)
- 2013: Dr. Loriene Roy (Keynote coming soon)
- 2012: Carol A. Brey-Casiano (Keynote coming soon)
- 2011: Robert Wedgeworth (Keynote)
- 2010: Kathleen de la Peña McCook (Keynote)
- 2009: Kathleen Mayo (Keynote)
- 2008: Clara Chu (Abstract)
- 2007: Anne Moore (Abstract)
- 2006: Carla Hayden (Keynote)
- 2005: Sanford Berman (Keynote)
- 2004: Richard Chabrán (Abstract)
- 2003: Thelma H. Tate (Abstract)
- 2002: Lotsee Patterson (Keynote)
- 2001: Gary E. Strong (Keynote)
- 2000: Barbara J. Ford (Keynote)