Libraries and the Internet Toolkit
- The Internet is one of many important information resources. Our goal as librarians is to help people of all ages make the most of it and become information literate—to access information efficiently and effectively, evaluate information critically and competently, and use information accurately and creatively. We encourage everyone to go to the library and learn how to use this incredible and valuable resource!
- Librarians care deeply about children.
- The only lifelong Internet protection for children is to teach them to use the Internet properly and to teach them to be information literate, so they can make informed choices.
- Parents need education, too, for themselves and their children.
- Librarians answer questions and guide children to quality Web sites the same way they recommend books and other resources.