Literacy for All: Adult Literacy @ your library - Tell your Library's Literacy Story
Tell your Library's Literacy Story
Tell your library’s literacy story every step of the way. Talk with the library administration, the trustees, your colleagues, community partners, and the media. Submit stories to the library newsletter, the local newspaper, electronic media, and public service announcements (PSAs) on the radio, local cable channel, or PBS station. Use stories, learner and tutor testimonials, and numbers to demonstrate the impact of your library’s literacy program. Include information about:
- Your collection, your programs, and your outreach services
- Feature new resources
- Share circulation numbers
- Feature adult learners—remember, everyone has a story to tell
- What’s their literacy story?
- Why did they come to the library?
- Acknowledge and thank your partners
- Who are they?
- What do they contribute?
- Where would you be without them?