Orientation, Training and Leadership Development Committee
Minutes from Saturday, June 15, 2002
3:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m., Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel, Trinidad Room
Attendees: Karen Downing, Estelle Black; H. Lea Wells; Laurel Minott; Annie Marie Ford; Dorothy Ragsdale, Staff Liaison
New Members: Irene Percelli; Scott Goldy; Donna Dziedzic; Juan C. Rodriguez
Guests: Karen and Randy Allen, The Communication Office, Alexandria, VA
- Midwinter 2002 minutes approved.
- Welcome and introduction of the new attendees.
- Karen Downing chaired the meeting, welcomed our guests and introduced themselves.
- a)Historical review given by D. Ragsdale – K. Downing.
- b)Karen Downey provided an overview of the electronic survey results.
- Karen and Randy Allen, The Communication Office, provided an overview of telephone and electronic survey results which are:
Survey Results Recommendation Assigned to a) OTLD institute a fact track leadership succession plan. a) This was assigned to Dorothy Ragsdale who will consult with Gerald Hodges. b) Conduct an inventory of what exists. b) Laurel Minott will update. c) Committee actually seeks advice of one or more minority members as it plans its leadership training. c) Dorothy Ragsdale will contact ALA ITTS unit. d) Committee designate primary audience. d) OTLD Committee e) Examples from other organizations:
American Society of Association Executives American Medical Association American Bar Association Association of Retired People Special Libraries Association
e) Dorothy Ragsdale
Next meeting: 2003 Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, PA. Box lunches requested.
- Develop products
- Develop marketing plan
- Develop partnership with other committees: NMRT; Chapter Relations