ALA and Council Committee Resources
Committees which are created by the Executive Board, Council, and the President are designated as committees of the Association and committees of the Council. The Bylaws provide for several types of committees: standing, special, interdivisional, and joint. The links below are resources for members of these groups.
Committee Chair Resources:
- ALA/Council Committee Chair and Staff Liaisons Handbook (Word Document)
- Committee Chair Checklist (PDF)
- Making The Meeting: Resources for Conducting Effective Meetings
Committee Intern Resources:
Governance and Strategic Resources:
- Handbook of Organization
- Policy Manual
- Mission & Priorities
- Strategic Plan
- Legal Guidelines
- Organizaitonal Overview Documents
- ALA/Council/Joint Committees (opens in new window)
This page is created and maintained by the ALA Training, Orientation and Leadership Development Committee (TOLD). For additional assistance and comments, please contact, Lorelle R. Swader, Director of the Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR) at email@example.com.