Overview of ALA Select Resources for Chapters
See also State of the Chapter Annual Report, which are snapshot reports compiled to help Chapters and ALA assess the health and vitality of state and regional library associations. In addition, they highlight notable activities and achievements that can be modeled, and identify challenges and needs that may be addressed collectively.
Constitution, Bylaws, Handbook, Etc.
Executive Board, Council, and Chapter Councilors
Divisions and Round Tables
Library and Membership Services
ALA has a number of other offices that provide resources and offer consultation to chapters, including these:
- library public relations efforts [ Public Information Office (PIO)]
- information technology [ Office for Information Technology Policy (OITP)]
- leadership and expert advice to ALA staff, members, and public on all matters related to research and statistics about libraries, librarians, and other library staff [ Office for Research and Statistics (ORS)]
- library and legislative advocacy [ Washington Office (WO)] and its [ Office of Government Relations (OGR)]
- library advocacy [ Office for Library Advocacy (OLA)]
- diversity resources [ Office for Diversity]
- censorship, privacy, intellectual freedom [ Office for Intellectual Freedom (OIF)]
- recruitment and retention to the profession [ Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR)]
- literacy and community outreach [ Office for Literacy and Outreach Services (OLOS)]
Contact ALA Staff
| Contact ALA (includes ALA staff list with contact information) |
Key Action Areas
Key Action Areas as guiding principles for investment of energies and resources:
| Diversity |Education and Lifelong Learning | Equitable Access to Information and Library Services |Intellectual Freedom |Advocacy for Libraries and the Profession | Literacy | Organizational Excellence |
Select ALA Resources by Subject
See also ALA Professional Resources.
Chapter Relations Office, Legislation and Advocacy
AASL: Learning 4 Life
To learn more about the key issues facing America’s libraries and librarians and to talk to an ALA spokesperson, please contact Macey Morales, media relations manager, at 312-280-4393, ( email@example.com).
To discuss issues that relate to ALA’s Washington, D.C., office, please contact Press Officer, 202-628-8410.
AL Direct (an electronic newsletter sent to personal members of the American Library Association; anyone can subscribe)
District Dispatch (Washington Office blog; anyone can subscribe)
I Love Libraries (ILL electronic newsletter; anyone can subscribe)