ALA-Havana Book Fair Tour
ALA Sponsored Tour to Cuba during the Havana Book Fair Tour
February 10 – 17, 2017
Vamos a Cuba! Join the ALA-sponsored tour of Cuba during the International Havana Book Fair, February 10–17, 2017. In addition to the Havana Book Fair and the unique sights and sounds of Cuba, this year’s tour will have a half-day professional program with Cuban colleagues and a library volunteering opportunity to assist a library in need. The deadline to sign up is October 20, and the trip is limited to 30 people. ALA IRC Chair and Past-ALA President, Leslie Burger, will be the tour representative.
The Tour will include visits to UNESCO historical sites in Havana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad, along with interactions with Cuban artists, musicians, and writers, and much more.
Authentic Cuba Tours is able to offer U.S. librarians this eight day study tour to Cuba because of a rare political opening in U.S. policy that allows professionals and educational groups to go to Cuba legally as part of Cuba study tours. Do not miss this unique chance! Reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis . This trip will be limited to a maximum of 30 people.
View itinerary - (PDF format, itinerary is subject to change). Please click on the "BOOK NOW" button to begin your reservation.
A $300 non-refundable per person deposit would be required to secure hotels and flights. Balance would be due 60 days prior to departure.
Ground tour cost per person in a group (maximum 30 people): $2,699 USD**
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy. All taxes included.
Single Room Supplement (optional): $889 USD
(**Flights from your state to Miami are not included)
- 5 nights at Hotel Nacional or similar with breakfast included.
- 2 nights at Jagua Hotel with breakfast and dinner included.
- 16 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 3 dinners included.
- Havana International Book Fair Pass.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation and professional driver.
- All activities, speakers, meetings and meals as described in itinerary except those noted as "optional" or "not included in cost."
- An expert Cuban English speaking guide and translator throughout the program, together with ongoing support from Authentic Cuba Travel' staff in Cuba and Canada.
- Official Asistur Cuban health insurance coverage.
Services NOT Included:
- Activities listed as "optional" or "not included in cost" in itinerary.
- International airfare to and from Cuba.
- Gratuities for Cuban tour guide, bus driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters, etc.
- Cuban airport departure tax of 25.00 Cuban convertible pesos.
- Optional travel interruption and cancelation insurance.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Step 1: Go to the Authentic Cuba Travel site
Step 2: Create an account. Click on 'Create New'.
Step 3: Log into the account you just created to start a booking form (it is a button you push once you've logged into your account)
Deadline: October 20, 2016
Authentic Cuba Travel - (Bella Travel Group Ltd. | Hello Cuba Travel | Cuba Study Tours) is a full service travel agency based in Toronto, Canada that organizes cultural, educational and adventure tours for schools, NGOs, business and community groups.