2nd International Conference on Leadership and Innovative Management in Academic Libraries in the Age of New Technology
Call for Presenters
The 2nd International Conference on Leadership and Innovative Management in Academic Libraries in the Age of New Technology
Tongji University, Shanghai, China
June 3-6, 2014
Academic libraries are in an era of repositioning and development with both challenges and opportunities posed by technological transformation. Libraries need to engage in extensive exchange and dialog on management and service innovations to enhance academic libraries development and librarians’ mutual understanding and friendship. Dedicated to the theme, “Transformation and Innovation of Library Management and Services,” the 2nd International Conference on Leadership and Innovative Management in Academic Libraries in the Age of New Technology is jointly organized by Tongji University and American Library Association’s International Relations Office. The meeting will be held at Tongji University, Shanghai, China, from June 3-6, 2014. Colleagues from around the world are invited to submit PowerPoint presentations for consideration as a presenter.
Suggested topics for this conference include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Management innovation and organizational transformation
- Trends in higher education and expectations for the library’s future
- Enhancing the role of academic libraries both in and outside of an institution
- Repositioning libraries
- Impact of MOOCs on libraries
2. Space reorganization and service transformation
- User studies and service expansions
- Library physical space and virtual space
3. Technology transformation and application
Special collections digitization, digital humanities
- Mobile services
- Big data, data curation
- Impact of social media on libraries
- Future new technologies
4. Enhancement of librarian’s professional skills
- Developmental trends for a library career
- Librarian’s knowledge and skills
1. The deadline for submitting a detailed PowerPoint file (less than 10 MB) is February 15, 2014.
2. The PPT presentation should be in English.
3. Submission should contain original research results, viewpoints, or practice summaries.
4. The PPT presentation should have title, abstract, and presenter’s full name(s).
5. The author(s) should indicate his/her personal full contact details including: name, professional affiliation, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.
6. 20 minutes will be allocated for a summary content delivery in the conference.
7. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. An official invitation will then be issued to presenters/authors as soon as the review process is finished.
8. Submissions from mainland China and Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan regions should be sent to: email@example.com. Any inquires should be addressed to Zeng Xiaojuan (曾小娟) at (86-21) 65983835.