Student Reception Committee: 2010-2011
Welcome to the NMRT Student Reception Committee's webpage! The purpose of the NMRT Student Reception Committee is to plan an event at the Annual Conference to recognize the recipients of the Student Chapter of the Year award and to provide current LIS students with an opportunity to learn about ALA, network, and socialize.
Confused by the vast array of committees, subcommittees, round tables and associations within ALA? The New Member Round Table ( NMRT) can help! Learn what it takes to get involved with ALA.
Join NMRT on Sunday, June 26 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Hilton Riverside, Rosedown Room (third floor). We will announce the Student Chapter of the Year award winner and view winning videos from the NMRT Video Contest. Light refreshments will be provided. Mingle with representatives from the following groups within ALA:
- Map and Geography Round Table ( MAGERT)
- Southeastern Library Association ( SELA)
- Public Library Association ( PLA)
- Continuing Library Education Network and Exchange ( CLENERT)
- Ethnic and Multicultural Exchange Round Table ( EMIERT)
- Federal Armed Forces Libraries Round Table ( FAFLR)
- Intellectual Freedom ( IFRT)
- Library Research Round Table ( LRRT)
- Social Responsibilities ( SSRT)
- American Association of School Librarians ( AASL)
- …AND MORE!
If you have any questions, comments, or other resources you'd like to share, please contact Rachel Slough (rslough @ gmail.com).
Related committee: Student Chapter of the Year Award Committee
Kara Kirk (karakirk1 @ gmail.com) (co-chair)
Rachel Slough (rslough @ gmail.com) (co-chair)
Eamon Tewell (eamont @ gmail.com)
Melissa Dennis (mdennis @ olemiss.edu)
Molly Poremski (molly.d.poremski @ vanderbilt.edu)
Rachel Jorgensen (rachel.jorgensen @ gmail.com)