The Orientation Committee plans and conducts orientation programs at both the Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference. The 90 minute Saturday morning orientation at Midwinter and Friday afternoon orientation at Annual provide attendees an introduction to ALA, NMRT, the conference, the exhibits, and the host city. Additionally, the program provides the opportunity for other ALA divisions and round tables to distribute literature and promote their organizations.
The additional 90 minute program held on Saturday morning at Annual focuses on NMRT. It introduces attendees to NMRT and encourages attendees engage to with NMRT at the conference and beyond.
The NMRT Orientation Committee consists of members appointed from the NMRT membership at large, serving a 1 year term and led by the chair.
- Ms. Andrea Mullarkey (Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Ms. Amanda L. Brennan (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Mackenzie Brooks (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- April Marie Hines (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Mrs. Susan Elizabeth Maldonado (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Stacey Anne Nordlund (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Mrs. Nicole Spoor (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Barbara Lewis (Ex-Officio Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
- Kimberly L. Redd (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2015)
Upcoming Committee Events
Friday, June 27th, 2014 — 1pm-2:30pm (room number TBA)
Get a fun and informative introduction to the ALA Annual Conference. Learn to navigate the exhibits, decipher the conference program, how ALA really works, and ways to get involved. NMRT provides tips from the pros and the opportunity for you to get your questions answered.
Saturday, June 28th, 2014 — 8:30am-10am (room number TBA)
New Members Round Table (NMRT) leaders and experienced members welcome current and prospective NMRT members to the NMRT 101 session. Learn about what NMRT does, NMRT events happening at ALA Annual Conference, benefits of membership, and how to get more involved. This will be a great place to make connections and network with other new members and experienced leaders alike.