2016-2017 Online Discussion Forum
Greetings NMRT'ers! Since 2005 we have been offering an Online Discussion Forum so that those who are unable to attend the Midwinter and Annual Meetings can discuss and interact with fellow NMRT members. However, since those beginning days, the committee has developed beyond just providing a vehicle for non-conference attendees to connect; we're also a portal for members (both new and seasoned) to share their concerns, professional strategies, and advice. We will hold monthly discussions on the NMRT-L e-mail list, October - May. We will also be hosting some live chats. Topics are listed below. Summaries will be posted here as the discussions happen.
2016-2017 Topic Schedule:
- STEM Programming
- How to Pitch Ideas to Your Supervisor
- Live Chat: How to Gain Professional Development with Limited Budget/Time
- Early career librarians, staff and interns trying to gain a leg up in a position are often saying yes to too much and suddenly find that they have too much on their plate. How does a person say no when they are increasingly interested in growing and developing their career?
- Responding to Ageism in the Workplace
- Collaborations and how libraries can partner with others on campus/in the community to program and create services
To plan and execute an online discussion forum.
History of the Committee
The Online Discussion Forum committee started in the 2005-2006 year and was formed from the consolidation of previous committees, including Online Book Discussion.
- Suggest and set topics for the monthly NMRT-L discussion
- Solicit topic suggestions from the Online Discussion Forum Committee
- Lead monthly discussion on the NMRT-L email list
- Investigate new ways of supporting online discussion and networking through the year and at the Midwinter and Annual conferences
2016-2017 Committee Roster
Chair: Leigh Milligan (email@example.com)