2013-2014 Online Discussion Forum
Greetings NMRT'ers! Since 2005 we have been offering an Online Discussion Forum so that those who are unable to attend the Midwinter and Annual Meetings can discuss and interact with fellow NMRT members. However, since those beginning days, the committee has developed beyond just providing a vehicle for non-conference attendees to connect; we're also a portal for members (both new and seasoned) to share their concerns, professional strategies, and advice. We will hold monthly discussions on the NMRT-L e-mail list, October - May. We will also be hosting some live chats through ALA Connect and other platforms. Topics are listed below.
2013-2014 Topic Schedule:
- Changing specialties within librarianship
What are the most valued? Which are often overlooked? How are they valuable in both the personal and professional sphere?
- Transitioning to a higher position in the library workplace.
- How can new MLIS grads craft their job applications to fit the job description?
- How can a student get the most out of an internship/practicum?
- How does one successfully take a professional or student project into a presentation or paper proposal?
- Marketing and outreach in different library settings
- Things you wish you learned in library school or things you wish were taught to library students
2013-2014 Committee Roster
Chair: Elizabeth Matkowski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Armstrong, email@example.com
Maggie Cusick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Hands, email@example.com
Allie Janvey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alejandra Nann, email@example.com
Nicole Picano, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Rondeau, email@example.com
Amelia Snetting, firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Willgruber, email@example.com