2013-2014 Online Discussion Forum
Greetings NMRT'ers! Since 2005 we have been offering an Online Discussion Forum so that those who are unable to attend the Midwinter and Annual Meetings can discuss and interact with fellow NMRT members. However, since those beginning days, the committee has developed beyond just providing a vehicle for non-conference attendees to connect; we're also a portal for members (both new and seasoned) to share their concerns, professional strategies, and advice. We will hold monthly discussions on the NMRT-L e-mail list, October - May. We will also be hosting some live chats through ALA Connect and other platforms. Topics are listed below.
2013-2014 Topic Schedule:
- Changing specialties within librarianship
What are the most valued? Which are often overlooked? How are they valuable in both the personal and professional sphere?
- Transitioning to a higher position in the library workplace.
- How can new MLIS grads craft their job applications to fit the job description?
- How does one successfully take a professional or student project into a presentation or paper proposal?
- Marketing and outreach in different library settings
2013-2014 Committee Roster
Chair: Elizabeth Matkowski, email@example.com
Ellen Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maggie Cusick, email@example.com
Africa Hands, firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie Janvey, email@example.com
Alejandra Nann, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Picano, email@example.com
Sophie Rondeau, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amelia Snetting, email@example.com
Danielle Willgruber, firstname.lastname@example.org