- Megan Hodge, Circulation Supervisor, McGraw-Page Library at Randolph-Macon College was selected as an ALA Emerging Leader for the class of 2011.
- Rebecca Metzger, Reference & Instruction Librarian at Lafayette College in Easton, PA, will be presenting at the ACRL/DVC Fall Conference “From DimDim to Boopsie: Getting Serious about Technology in Libraries.” Her talk is entitled “’Where in the Library is Carmen Sandiego?”: Lafayette Library Open House Becomes Interactive Mystery Game Using Students’ Mobile Phones & QR Codes.”
- Jessica E. Moyer recently published a new book, entitled:
Integrated Advisory Services, Breaking Through the Book Boundary to Better Serve Library Users , from Libraries Unlimited. NMRT members Nanette Donohue and Katie Dunneback each contributed. Nanette contributed a chapter on historical fiction and nonfiction and Katie is the co-author of the romance chapter.
- Alice Platt, Digital Initiatives Librarian at Southern New Hampshire University, recently published the book chapter “Developing an Institutional Repository at Southern New Hampshire University: Year One.” in Bor Ng, K. & Kucsma, J. (Eds.), Digitization in the Real World: Lessons learned from small and medium-sized digitization projects (261-273). New York, NY: Metropolitan New York Library Council. The chapter can be downloaded from the
SNHU Academic Archive; read more about the entire book on its
- Linh Uong, recently started a new position as the Technical Services Librarian at the Hall County Library System in Gainesville, Georgia. She received her M.S. in Library Science, with a Graduate Academic Certificate in Digital Content Management, from the University of North Texas this past August, and also holds an M.S. in Biology.
- Courtney Young was been promoted September 20, 2010 to Head Librarian of J. Clarence Kelly Library at Penn State Greater Allegheny. Courtney Young was an invited panelist for the program "Getting Involved: Professional Organizations and the Opportunity to Make a Difference, Stay Connected, and Build Relationships" at the Georgia COMO Conference October 13-15, 2010.