November 2006, Volume 36 No. 2
Message from Amanda Roberts, NMRT President
Amanda Roberts, the New Members Round Table (NMRT) President for 2006-2007, discusses new virtual spaces for NMRT and upcoming events.
Top of the Pile, or How to Avoid Having Your Application Thrown in the Trash.
Tricia Juettemeyer gives advice on writing a cover letter that will get you noticed in the pool of candidates.
Readers' Advisory: The Most Important Class for New Librarians
Jessica Moyer discusses why learning Readers' Advisory skills is so important in public librarianship.
Online Information Retrieval: The Most Important Course in Library School
Jill Lynch discusses the significance of the learning exceptional searching skills to an academic librarian.
- The Top of the Pile by Tricia Juettemeyer
- My Internship Experience - by Irina Stanishevskaya
- Readers' Advisory - by Jessica Moyer
- Online Information Retrieval - by Jill Lynch
- Message from the President - by Amanda Roberts, NMRT President
- Member Profile: Holly Wilson - by Loretta Dunne, Footnotes Committee Member
- Meet the Board: Katie Dunneback - by Debra Andreadis, Footnotes Editor
- Headliners - by Leslie Sierra, Membership Relations Committee
- SASCO Update - by John Siegel
- 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant Applications - by 3M/NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee
- Applications Sought for Student Chapter of the Year Award - by SCOTYA Committee
- NMRT Schedule for Midwinter