NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee 2013-2014
The application period for the 2014 NMRT Professional Development Grant Award is now closed.
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
The purpose of the NMRT Professional Development Grant is to encourage professional development and participation by new ALA members in national ALA and NMRT activities. Applicants must be personal ALA/ NMRT members who are working within the territorial United States.
AWARD and AWARD CRITERIA
The 2014 NMRT Professional Development Grant will help finance attendance at the 2014 Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV: June 26-July 1, 2014. It covers limited fees related to airfare, lodging, and conference registration.
The selection of grant recipients rests solely with the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee, which is composed of NMRT members.
Selection will take place in April and winners will be notified of the committee's decision during the first week of May.
The committee will consider the following in its deliberations:
- The applicant's ability or initiative to attend future national conferences if finances are provided this year.
- How the applicant intends to use the ALA conference experience at his/her home institution and local, state and regional associations.
- The applicant's current involvement at local, state and regional associations.
- The impact of winning the grant on the applicant's current position and future career options.
- Potential contributions the applicant will make to ALA and NMRT.
- The committee also considers the applicant's overall presentation.
- The committee does not consider geographic location, age, sex, religion, race or national origin. Please do not hesitate to apply for the grant because you feel you have not done enough as a member of NMRT. We are interested in potential and the ability and willingness to make future contributions. This is a professional development grant.
CONDITIONS OF GRANT ACCEPTANCE
All recipients will be asked to sign an acceptance statement agreeing to the following:
- Recipient will confirm in writing with the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee that he or she will be able to attend the ALA Annual Conference.
- Recipient will provide confirmation in writing from his or her employer that he or she has approval to accept the grant and to meet the requirements of conference attendance.
- Recipient will agree to attend certain conference-related functions as requested in advance by the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee.
- Recipient will agree to participate in NMRT's Mentoring Program.
- Recipient will schedule a 1-2 hour appearance as a greeter at the NMRT Resume Review Service at the ALA Annual Conference.
- Recipient will agree to write a Footnotes article about their ALA Conference experience.
- If the recipient is unable to complete the terms of this grant, he or she must notify the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee and return any funds received under the grant.
Questions regarding application for the NMRT Professional Development Grant may be directed to:
Melanie T. Kowalski
Chair, NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee
Emory University Libraries, Scholarly Communications Office
540 Asbury Circle, Atlanta, GA, 30030