Libraries = Strong Communities is a national advocacy effort aimed at highlighting the value of academic, public, and school libraries. An initiative of 2018–2019 American Library Association President Loida Garcia-Febo, the campaign was announced at her Inaugural Banquet during the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans.
Garcia-Febo toured a series of libraries throughout her presidential year to ignite public awareness about the value of libraries and library staff and create a groundswell of support at local, state, national, and global levels.
LIBRARIES = STRONG COMMUNITIES TOUR STOPS
- Pikes Peak (Colo.) Public Library District | OCTOBER 6, 2018
- Cambridge (Mass.) Public Library | OCTOBER 18, 2018
- Seattle Public Library | JANUARY 26, 2019
- North Miami Public Library | FEBRUARY 9, 2019
- Los Angeles Public Library | MAY 15, 2019
The tour will conclude on June 22, 2019, during the ALA Annual Conference & Exhibition in Washington, D.C.