United for Libraries to host author panels at ALA Annual Conference
For Immediate Release
United for Libraries
EXTON, Pennsylvania — United for Libraries will host six author panels during ALA Annual 2019:
- Reads Like Fiction: Nonfiction You Can't Put Down on Saturday, June 22, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at the Washington Convention Center, 102B. This author panel featuring Jacob Appel, Azra Raza, Marcia Chatelain, Ruth Kassinger, and Grady Hendricks will focus on compelling works about real life events A book signing will follow. Moderated by Barbara Hoffert, editor of Library Journal's Prepub Alert.
- It's a Mystery to Me on Saturday, June 22, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the Washington Convention Center, 207B. Bestselling mystery writers Lisa Lutz, Linwood Barclay, Donna Andrews, and John Copenhaver will discuss their latest books. A book signing will follow. Moderated by Barbara Hoffert, editor of Library Journal's Prepub Alert.
- In Real Life: Must-Read Memoirs on Sunday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at the Washington Convention Center, 140B. Doris Payne, Susan Straight, Aarti Shahani, Saeed Jones, and Jeannie Vanasco will discuss their forthcoming memoirs. A book signing will follow. Barbara Hoffert, editor of Library Journals Prepub Alert, will moderate.
- Isn't it Romantic? on Sunday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at the Washington Convention Center, 102B. Bestselling romance authors Tif Marcelo, Sheila Roberts, Hope Ramsay, Linda Holmes, and Tracey Garvis Graves will discuss their books. A book signing will follow. Moderated by Donna Seaman, adult books editor, Booklist.
- Book Club Central: How to Book Club on Sunday, June 23, 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at the Marriott Marquis Monument. Join Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie, authors of "Ribbons of Scarlet: A Novel of the French Revolution," and Stephanie Saba & Sarah Ostman, authors of "Book Club Reboot" (ALA Editions), who will discuss book club tips and how to engage with authors. Learn about using and promoting Book Club Central (www.bookclubcentral.org) in your library and community. This program will be moderated by Donna Seaman, adult books editor, Booklist.
- Editor's Panel on Sunday, June 23, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Conrad Grand C. Authors Kevin Wilson, Mychal Denzel Smith, E.R. Ramzipoor, Andrew Krivak, and Ezra Levin & Leah Greenberg will be joined by their editors, and the author-editor pairs will discuss how books come together for publication. A book signing will follow. Moderated by Barbara Hoffert, editor of Library Journal's Prepub Alert.
For more information about United for Libraries programs at the ALA Annual Conference, visit http://www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/annual.
To register for the ALA Annual conference, visit www.alaannual.org.
Ways to stay in touch and get updates include: Annual Conference website, Twitter (@alaac and #alaac19), Facebook Events, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations, is a division of the American Library Association with approximately 4,000 personal and group members representing hundreds of thousands of library supporters. United for Libraries supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries, and brings together library trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. To join, please visit www.ala.org/united or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.