Sustainability Round Table announces Top 10 Sustainability Themed Children's Book List for 2019
For Immediate Release
Danielle M. Ponton
Program Manager for Round Tables
CHICAGO — In celebration of Earth Day, the American Library Association’s Sustainability Round Table (SustainRT) is pleased to release its first annual Top 10 Sustainability Themed Children's Book List for 2019 (http://www.ala.org/rt/sustainrt/resources). Covering books published in 2018, the SustainRT list highlights five picture books and five nonfiction books for children (K-3) about the environment, playing in nature, gardening and so much more.
The Picture Book list includes:
- "Ocean Meets Sky" by Terry Fan and Eric Fan/Simon Schuster Books
- "The Patchwork Bike" by Maxine Beneba Clarke/Hachette Australia
- "Run Wild" by David Covell/Viking Books
- "Sometimes Rain" by Meg Fleming/Beach Lane Books
- "Under the Same Sky" by Britta Teckentrup/Caterpillar Books
The Nonfiction Book list includes:
- "All That Trash" by Meghan McCarthy/Simon Schuster Books
- "Dig In!: 12 Easy Gardening Projects Using Kitchen Scraps" by Kari A. Cornell/Millbrook Press
- "Going Wild" by Michelle Mulder/Orca Book Publishers
- "If Polar Bears Disappeared" by Lily Williams/Roaring Brook Press
- "Turtle Pond" by James Gladstone/Groundwood Books
About the Sustainability Round Table
SustainRT's mission is to provide:
- A professional forum for ALA members to exchange ideas and opportunities regarding sustainability in order to move toward a more equitable, healthy, and economically viable society.
- Resources for the library community to support sustainability through curriculum development; collections; exhibits; events; advocacy; communication; library buildings and space design.