ALSC now accepting applications for 2019 Bookapalooza Program
For Immediate Release
Association for Library Service to Children
American Library Association
CHICAGO — The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) and the Grants Administration Committee are now accepting online applications for the 2019 Bookapalooza Program. This program offers select libraries a collection of materials to be used in a way that creatively enhances their library service to children and families. The materials are primarily for children age birth through 14 and include newly published books, videos, audiobooks and recordings from children’s trade publishers.
Each applicant will be judge on the following:
- The degree of need in the community;
- The degree of need of the library where the materials will be used;
- The extent to which the materials will improve service to children in the community;
- The extent to which the plan for using the materials is creative and innovative;
- The clarity and effectiveness of the plan to make the materials available;
- The clarity and effectiveness of the statement of need.
- Applicants must be personal members of ALSC, as well as ALA members to apply. Deadline for submissions is Feb. 1, 2017. For more information about the award requirements and submitting the online application please visit the Bookapalooza Web page.
The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) is driven by more than 4,000 members dedicated to the support and enrichment of library service to children. Our members include youth librarians, literature experts, publishers and educational faculty. ALSC supports its members in engaging communities to build healthy, successful, futures for all children. To learn more about ALSC and how to join, please visit our website at www.ala.org/alsc.