2017 PR XChange Award winners announced
For Immediate Release
LLAMA Program Officer, Continuing Education
Library Leadership and Management Association
American Library Association
CHICAGO — The PR XChange Committee is delighted to announce the winners of this year’s PR XChange Awards Competition, under the direction of the Public Relations and Marketing Community of Practice, Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA). Over 390 entries in print and electronic formats were submitted from over 100 institutions, including public, academic, school, state and special libraries. Entries were assessed by 8 in-person judges and 15 virtual judges based on the quality of content, format, design, creativity and originality. The jury, which included a group of talented marketing and communications professionals, graphic designers, several outreach librarians and a library marketing consultant, were impressed by the innovative and compelling work submitted.
This year's winners include 28 electronic winners and 30 print winners. A complete listing is available at http://bit.ly/2017-PRXChange-Winners
Winning entries will be on display at the PR XChange Event from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 25, 2017, in the ALA Exhibit Hall - Special Events Area, at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago. This event offers visitors the opportunity to view and take home sample promotional materials from libraries across North America. Approximately 1,000 ALA Annual Conference attendees visit the PR XChange event each year.
All libraries are invited to mail their promotional materials to be shared with colleagues at the PR XChange Event. Mailing instructions and labels can be found at http://www.ala.org/llama/2017-pr-xchange-mailing-labels.
This year, the PR XChange Event has invited the following guests to participate and share their expertise:
- 2017 John Cotton Dana Library Public Relations Award winners will display their award-winning materials.
- The 2017 Library Marketing and Communications Conference (LMCC) Planning Committee will be here to answer questions about the upcoming 2017 Conference.
- The ACRL Library Marketing and Outreach (LMaO) Interest Group will talk about their interest group.
- Kathy Dempsey will be giving away sample copies of Marketing Library Services newsletter, answering questions as the Libraries Are Essential marketing consultant, and selling copies of her book, The Accidental Library Marketer.
- Rebecca Metzger (Chair of the Marketing and Communications Community of Practice) and incoming Chair Holly Flynn will be at the PR XChange to answer questions.
- Rowman and Littlefield Publishers and ABC-CLIO will display and sell copies of some of their current library marketing books.
For more information, contact:
Mark Aaron Polger, PR XChange Committee Chair,
Public Relations and Marketing Community of Practice,
Library Leadership and Management Association, a division of ALA,