2017 Carnegie-Whitney Grant winners announced
For Immediate Release
Mary Jo Bolduc
American Library Association
CHICAGO — The Carnegie-Whitney Grant provides grants for the preparation, either in print and/or electronically, of popular or scholarly reading lists, webliographies, indexes and other guides to library resources that will be useful to users of all types of libraries in the United States.
The American Library Association Publishing Committee is proud to announce the 2017 Carnegie-Whitney Award winners, whose proposed projects promote reading or the use of library resources.
- Alejandro Cesarco: "Key Themes for Reading Contemporary Art: A Bibliographic Resource by the D.U.C Library Program"
- Nicole Cooke: "The Interracial Books for Children Bulletin: A Bibliography of Diverse Books"
- Wenli Gao and Lindita Camaj: "Storytelling with Data: A Resource Guide for Data Journalism"
- Tina Hefty and Jenifer Fisher: "Graphic Novels & the Humanity of Mental Illness: An Annotated Bibliography"
- Sandra Hughes-Hassell and Casey Rawson: "Creating Equitable & Inclusive Libraries for Youth: A Professional Development Resource"
- Hayley Johnson and Sarah Simms: "Through an Extended Lens: Louisiana, Internment, and the Geography of Chance"
- Janalyn Moss and Jennifer Hootman: "Return with Honor: A Bibliography of Personal Accounts of American Prisoners of War"
- Kristine Shrauger: DIVerse Families: "Growth in Family Diversity A Comprehensive Bibliography PK-12 (a continuation)"
- Talya Sokoll: "Bibliography for Queer Teens"
- Fred Stoss: "Environmental ICE: Information, Communication, Education - Volume 1 - Resources for Sustainable Communities"
You can view the list of past award winners on the ALA website.
Applications for the next cycle must be received by November 3, 2017. Recipients will be notified by the end of February 2018.
Information and guidelines are available on the ALA website or by contacting Mary Jo Bolduc, Grant Administrator, American Library Association, 50 E. Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611; Fax (312) 280-5275; email: email@example.com.