ALA/IIDA Interior Design Award entry form is now available
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — The Online Entry Form for the 2016 ALA/IIDA Library Interior Design Awards is now available. This biennial competition is co-sponsored by ALA and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA). The awards honor excellence in library interior design. Award winners demonstrate excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, function and satisfaction of the client’s objectives. The competition is managed by the LLAMA Buildings and Equipment Section Interior Design Awards Committee. The deadline to submit an entry is March 11, 2016.
The winning projects are selected by a jury of design and library professionals. Winning designers and their library clients will be honored at the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida.
The competition is open to interior designers, interior architects and architects based in the U.S. or internationally. Any library interior design project completed after Oct. 1, 2013, is eligible for this competition. Projects previously published are acceptable.
- Public Libraries 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Public Libraries Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Academic Libraries 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Academic Libraries Over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Special Libraries 30,000 sq. ft. and under
- Special Libraries Over 30,000 sq. ft
- Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
- Single Space A small project that focuses on a specific room or area in a library
- On the Boards A project currently in the design phase and not under construction
For questions or more information about the award, contact Fred Reuland, Program Officer at LLAMA.