Official 2015 Teens’ Top Ten titles announced
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) has announced the official titles of the 2015 Teens’ Top Ten.
Teens all over the world voted starting Aug.15, with voting lasting through Teen Read Week™ (Oct. 18-24, 2015). Altogether, over 27,000 votes were cast for the 24 nominees.
The official 2015 Teens’ Top Ten titles are as follows:
- "The Shadow Throne" by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Scholastic)
- "I Become Shadow" by Joe Shine. (Soho Teen)
- "To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before" by Jenny Han. (Simon & Schuster)
- "My Life with the Walter Boys" by Ali Novak. (Sourcebooks)
- "Heir of Fire" by Sarah J. Maas. (Bloomsbury)
- "The Bane Chronicles" by Cassandra Clare. (Simon & Schuster/Margaret K. McElderry)
- "The Young Elites" by Marie Lu. (Penguin/G.P. Putnam's Sons)
- "The Kiss of Deception" by Mary E. Pearson. (Macmillan/ Henry Holt & Company)
- "Since You’ve Been Gone" by Morgan Matson. (Simon & Schuster)
- "The Geography of You and Me" by Jennifer E. Smith. (Hachette/Poppy)
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year. Nominators are members of teen book groups in sixteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year.
A digital image of a Teens’ Top Ten seal for the official titles is now available to publishers for licensing. Arrangements can be made through ALA's Rights and Permissions office for publishers who need permission to reproduce the seal on a paperback edition or book jacket. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Jo Bolduc, (312) 280-5416 or (312) 944-8741 (fax) for information.
For more than 50 years, YALSA has worked to build the capacity of libraries and library staff to engage, serve and empower teens. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, (800) 545-2433, ext. 4390, or e-mail: email@example.com.