MIDDLETOWN, CONNECTICUT — ACRL-Choice webinars connect academic and research librarians with content and service providers, publishers, authors and other experts. Since the launch of the program in 2013, thousands of participants have attended these free interactive webinars, with topics ranging from using social media to build library communities and the latest reference databases to open access.
The ACRL-Choice webinar series is an ongoing program, offering approximately 30 presentations each academic year. This late summer/early fall, ACRL-Choice webinars will present a cornucopia of subjects. Click on the webinar titles below to register.
- Aug. 27 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: McGraw-Hill) - Energize STEM Learning with Makerspaces
- Sept. 10 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: Rowman & Littlefield) - Library Technology Essentials
- Sept. 15 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: Springer) - Positioning Your Library Marketing for Success
- Sept. 17 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: ProQuest) - Text and Data Mining Library Content
- Sept. 22 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: ProQuest) - Insights on the Modern Library: How the Online Generation is Transforming Libraries
- Sept. 24 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: Oxford University Press) - Print vs. Digital: How Traditional User Journeys Can Be Enhanced for a Digital Age
- Sept. 29 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: SAGE) - Research Design and Librarianship
- Oct. 6 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: Alexander Street Press) - EBA vs. PDA: Examining Demand-Driven Models for Acquiring Video
- Oct. 13 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: ProQuest) - Managing the Rapidly Changing World of eBooks: Research on Models of Access and Acquisition
- Oct. 20 - 2 p.m. ET (Sponsor: SAGE) - Faculty Perspectives on Publishing Open Access
Autumn will also feature webinars from Alexander Street Press and others. The webinar program offers an exceptional way for librarians to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their markets, allowing sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback. Be sure to check out the complete library of ACRL-Choice webinars to date—with more added each month—on the Choice YouTube Channel.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,000 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook at www.facebook.com/ala.acrl and Twitter at @ala_acrl.
Choice is a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association. Founded in 1964, Choice has for over 50 years been the premier source for reviews of academic books and digital resources of interest to scholars and students in higher education. Please visit Choice at www.choice360.org for more information.