CILIP’s 2014-15 Yearbook
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
CHICAGO — CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, represents the largest professional body of librarians and information professionals in the UK. Its purpose and ambition is to promote and support the people who work to deliver a vision of a fair and economically prosperous society underpinned by literacy, access to information and the transfer of knowledge. Designed to complement the CILIP website, “CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals Yearbook 2014-15,” published by Facet Publishing and available through the ALA Store, is an invaluable source of contacts for all librarians and information professionals. Edited by Kathryn Beecroft and Simon Edwards, this guide to the organization includes:
- practical information about the organization such as contact details for headquarters and devolved nations, a staff organization chart and a directory of who does what;
- an updated listing of Honorary Officers, Council/Board, Committees and Panels;
- information about the CILIP Royal Charter, Bye-laws and Regulations;
- coverage of Regional Member Networks and Special Interest Groups, including aims and contact details;
- a section on medals and awards, with criteria and listings of past winners;
- updates on advocacy and campaigning;
- how to make use of facilities at London headquarters;
- the listing of CILIP's Personal and Organization Members in the UK and overseas;
- essays on the heritage of CILIP's parent bodies, the Institute of Information Scientists (IIS) and The Library Association (LA);
- and the listing of Presidents, Secretaries and holders of honorary awards of the IIS and the LA.
Facet Publishing, the commercial publishing and bookselling arm of CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, is the leading publisher of books for library and information professionals worldwide. ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide. Contact us at (800) 545-2433 ext. 5052 or email@example.com.