Teen Book Finder app now updated with 2015 book titles
For Immediate Release
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
CHICAGO – The Young Adult Library Services Association’s (YALSA) Teen Book Finder app’s latest version, which includes the titles from its 2015 book and media awards and selected lists, can now be downloaded for free via both Google Play and the Apple App Store.
First time Teen Book Finder app users can now download the updated version of YALSA’s Teen Book Finder app via Android or iOS to find the latest and most popular young adult literature titles as named in YALSA’s selected book lists and awards. Individuals who already have the app installed on their device can opt to update it. Re-installing the app is not required.
The Teen Book Finder app’s features include:
- the ability to search for books by author, title, award or list year, genre, by award and by booklist;
- a Find It! button, powered by the OCLC WorldCat Search API, that shows users where to find the book in a nearby library and a book’s available format, including audiobook and e-book;
- three Hot Picks, featuring different titles from the database, refreshed each day;
- a Favorites button, to create an individualized reading list;
- the ability to share books from the Teen Book Finder on Twitter and Facebook.
Funding for the android and iOS version of the Teen Book Finder app is possible through generous support from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation.
For years, the Dollar General Literacy Foundation has provided Youth Literacy Grants to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations in hopes to provide assistance in implementing and expanding literacy programs for youth. For more information about Dollar General and its Youth Literacy Grants, visit www.dollargeneral.com.
For more than 50 years, YALSA has worked to build the capacity of libraries and library staff to engage, serve and empower teens. For more information about YALSA or to access national guidelines and other resources go to www.ala.org/yalsa, or contact the YALSA office by phone, (800) 545-2433, ext. 4390, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.