Nominating Committee extends deadline
For Immediate Release
Office of ALA Governance
Chicago — The ALA 2016 Nominating Committee announces a deadline extension for completing the candidate biographical form for the position of councilor-at-large. Any ALA members interested in being considered for candidacy for the positions of ALA councilor-at-large have until 9:00 a.m. (CDT) on Monday, June 29, to complete the form.
All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://www.directvote.net/alanomination/2016users.html. You must click on the “Register” link prior to completing the form.
The Nominating Committee will select no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2016 spring election. The elected councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2016 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2019 Annual Conference.
The ALA Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA). Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Questions about running for office may be directed to any member of the Nominating Committee:
- Larry Neal, Library Director, Clinton-Macomb Public Library, Clinton Township, Michigan, (586) 226-5011, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Ballard, Project Director, School Librarian Program Development, Granite State College/University System of New Hampshire, Rochester, New Hampshire, (603) 247-8308, E-mail email@example.com
- Manuel Figueroa, Talent Development and Training Manager, Queens Library, Jamaica, New York, (718) 990-8575, E-mail Manuel.Figueroa@queenslibrary.org
- Sharon Hu, Associate Professor, Department of Information Studies, Chicago State University, Chicago, (773) 995-2006, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joquetta Johnson, Library Media Specialist, Randallstown High School, Randallstown, Maryland, (410) 887-0760, E-mail email@example.com
- David Lee King, Digital Services Director, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka, Kansas, (785) 580-4601, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portia Latalladi, Youth Librarian, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, (312) 747-3725, E-mail platalla@chipublib@.org
- Jennifer Paustenbaugh, University Librarian, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, (801) 422-4301, E-mail Jennifer_paustenbaugh@byu.edu
- Brian Schottlaender, Audrey Geisel University Librarian, University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, California, (858) 534-3060, E-mail email@example.com