Library leaders to discuss innovative veteran services at 2015 ALA Annual conference
For Immediate Release
ALA Washington Office
SAN FRANCISCO—How can libraries better connect veterans and their families to veteran benefits and services? Learn more about providing veteran services at “Veterans Connect @ Your Library: Veterans Resource Centers in California Libraries,” an interactive conference session that will take place at the 2015 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference in San Francisco. The session takes place at the Moscone Convention Center from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 27, 2015, in room 2014 in the West building.
During the session, library leaders will discuss the success of the California State Library’s Veterans Resource Centers, which connect veterans and their families to benefits and services for which they are eligible. A panel of expert leaders will detail ways that libraries can support returning veterans and positively change the way they participate in their communities. The conference session is cosponsored by the ALA Committee on Legislation’s E-government Services Subcommittee and the ALA Federal and Armed Forces Libraries Roundtable (FAFLRT).
- Moderator: Jennifer E. Manning, information research specialist, Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress; co-chair, American Library Association Subcommittee on E-Government Services
- Christy Aguirre, branch supervisor, Sacramento Public Library
- Karen Bosch Cobb, library consultant, Infopeople, Co-manager of Veterans Connect @ the Library program in California
- Kevin Graves, coordinator, Bay Area and North Coast Local Interagency Network, California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet)
- Susan Hildreth, executive director, Peninsula Library System, Pacific Library Partnership and Califa; immediate past director, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
WHEN: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 3:00–4:00p.m.
WHERE: Moscone Convention Center (Room 2014 in the West Building), 747 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
REGISTER: To attend the conference session as a reporter, email Jazzy Wright, press officer of the ALA’s Washington Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.