AASL’s Educators of School Librarians Section opens call for papers
For Immediate Release
Manager, Web Communications
American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
CHICAGO — The Educators of School Librarians Section (ESLS) of the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) invites submissions for papers on original research focusing on school library practice or school librarianship. Selected papers will be presented in a concurrent session at the AASL 17th National Conference & Exhibition to be held from Nov. 5-8, 2015 in Columbus, Ohio. More information about the conference can be found at national.aasl.org.
The national conference session will focus on research interpretations of the conference theme, “Experience Education Evolution.” Submissions may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- School Librarians as Leaders of Education Evolution or School Reform
- Content Learning Integrated with Digital Literacy Skills
- Integration of School Library Standards and Science or Social Studies Standards
- Inquiry Learning in the Age of Academic Standards
- Digital Tools for Teaching and Learning
- Collaborative Learning in the School Library or Learning Commons
- School Librarians as Co-Teachers
- School Librarians as Manager of Today’s School Libraries
- College and Career Readiness for Today’s Learners
Papers which report preliminary findings on research in progress can be submitted. Papers should be within a 5,000 word limit using APA style and submitted in electronic form to Rebecca Morris at email@example.com. Deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2015, and the authors of the three selected papers will be contacted on July 30, 2015.
The American Association of School Librarians, www.aasl.org, a division of the American Library Association (ALA), empowers leaders to transform teaching and learning.