Explore all the ACRL-Choice webinar program has to offer: Visit the full library of past presentations, now on the Choice YouTube channel
For Immediate Release
MIDDLETOWN, CONN. — The ACRL-Choice webinar program connects academic and research librarians with content and service providers, publishers, and other experts. Since the launch of the program in 2013, thousands of participants have attended these free interactive webinars, with topics ranging from issues such as using social media to build library communities to reference databases to open access. Now, ACRL and Choice are pleased to present a complete library of these webinars to date—with more added each month—on the Choice YouTube Channel.
“We are delighted to make the archive of ACRL-Choice sponsored webinars freely available,” said ACRL executive director Mary Ellen Davis. “We hope the community finds them a good resource for a wide range of topics from library management and research to digital collections.”
“The webinar archive is a great place to find professional development resources,” said Mark Cummings, editor and publisher of Choice. “Helping to bring people together around information resources is something we are committed to at Choice.”
The ACRL-Choice webinar series is an ongoing program, offering approximately thirty presentations each academic year. For spring 2015, ACRL-Choice webinars will cover a variety of subjects. Click on the title of each webinar to register.
- Thursday, March 12, 2 p.m. ET – Libraries of the Future: Evolving Workflows, Systems and Space to Better Serve Users, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2 p.m. ET – How Choice Works, and How It Can Work for You, sponsored by Choice.
- Thursday, March 19, 2 p.m. ET – Buy Less, Sell More: New Roles for Libraries and Librarians, sponsored by Springer.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2 p.m. ET – Lessons from the Maker Movement, sponsored by McGraw-Hill.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2 p.m. ET – From Classroom to Corporate: Business and Management Resources to Help with the Transition, sponsored by SAGE.
- Thursday, April 16, 2 p.m. ET – Taking the Fear out of Digital Migration Projects, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Thursday, April 23, 3 p.m. ET – Emerging Technologies and Libraries, sponsored by Rowman and Littlefield.
Late spring and early summer will feature webinars from Springer, ProQuest, and Rowman & Littlefield, among others. The program offers an exceptional way for libraries to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their markets. It also allows sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback from the academic library community.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook at www.facebook.com/ala.acrl, and Twitter at @ala_acrl.
Choice is a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association. Founded in 1964, Choice has for over 50 years been the premier source for reviews of academic books and digital resources of interest to scholars and students in higher education. Please visit Choice at www.choice360.org for more information.