Warm up with a thought-provoking ACRL-Choice webinar this winter
For Immediate Release
MIDDLETOWN, CONNECTICUT — The ACRL-CHOICE webinar program connecting academic and research librarians with a host of content and service providers, publishers and other experts who serve their market is back with a hot new roster of topics and speakers, sure to stoke the embers of discussion this winter. Since the program launched in 2013, thousands of participants have attended the 60-minute, live, interactive webinars which provide a vibrant forum for discussion among sponsors and an unmatched academic library audience of ACRL members and CHOICE users and fans.
ACRL-CHOICE webinars cover a wide spectrum of subjects important to academic libraries. Click on a webinar title for more information and to register. Upcoming webinars include:
- Tuesday, November 11, 2 p.m. ET – Insights from the Machiavellian Librarian, sponsored by Elsevier.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2 p.m. ET – Business Faculty Use and Perception of Research Resources, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Tuesday, November 18, 2 p.m. ET – eBook Backfiles: Value, Use, and Relevance for Academic Libraries, sponsored by Springer.
- Thursday, November 20, 2 p.m. ET – Campus-Wide Collaboration: Students, Faculty, and Librarians Unite for Global Marketability, sponsored by Mango.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2 p.m. ET – Flipping the Classroom: How to Deliver an Active Learning Experience in the Engineering Classroom, sponsored by McGraw-Hill.
- Thursday, December 4, 2 p.m. ET – The Evolution of the Encyclopedia, sponsored by Elsevier.
- Tuesday, December 9, 2 p.m. ET – Discovery Easy, Delivery Critical, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Thursday, December 11, 2 p.m. ET – Online Video–the Student Perspective, sponsored by SAGE.
The first quarter of 2015 will include webinars from ProQuest, Springer, Rowman and Littlefield, and from the Choice editors, among others. The program offers an exceptional way for libraries to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their market. It also allows sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback from the academic library community.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook at www.facebook.com/ala.acrl, and Twitter at @ala_acrl.
Choice is a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association. Founded in 1964, Choice has for over 50 years been the premier source for reviews of academic books and digital resources of interest to scholars and students in higher education. Please visit Choice at www.choice360.org for more information.