LLAMA webinar explores appreciative strategic planning
For Immediate Release
Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA)
CHICAGO — If your library is considering reinventing itself and is searching for an effective process of self-discovery, then “Appreciative Inquiry” may be just what you need. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “Designing Our Future: Introducing Appreciative Strategic Planning,” from 1:30 - 3 p.m. (Central time) on Dec. 17.
This webinar will introduce a philosophy of organizational change that can boost your strategic planning to a new level. This do-it-yourself process will transform stakeholders into strategic thinkers and will help you see new possibilities for the future.
By the end of this webinar, participants will learn:
- the three fundamental questions of strategic planning: Who are we? What do we do? Why is it important?;
- how to conceptualize the strategic planning process as writing the next chapter of your library's history;
- the five core principles of Appreciative Inquiry and how these principles inform the inclusive and participatory nature of Appreciative Strategic Planning;
- how to write positive questions and conduct appreciative interviews to uncover and employ organizational strengths in designing the future;
- how to organize and conduct the four stages of Appreciative Strategic planning: Discovery, Dream, Design and Delivery.
Presenter: Lewis Belfont, head of customer service and professional development, Howard County Library System, Columbia, Maryland
Fees: LLAMA member $49; Non-LLAMA member $59; LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199; Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
Can't attend the live event? No problem! If you register, you will automatically receive a link to the recorded version for later viewing.
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. email@example.com
About the Library Leadership and Management Association The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association.