ACRL 2015 offers record-breaking $110,000 in scholarships
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — The Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) is offering approximately 175 scholarships worth more than $110,000 for its ACRL 2015 Conference, “Creating Sustainable Community,” to be held March 25 – 28, 2015, in Portland, Ore.
ACRL typically funds about 100 conference scholarships and this year initiated a new Kick Start the Future campaign in honor of ACRL’s 75th anniversary that seeks to raise the $50,000 needed to fund the 75 additional scholarships. While donations to the campaign are rolling in, the association currently needs an additional $15,000 to meet its goal. Information on donating to the campaign is available on the ACRL 75th Anniversary website.
The deadline to apply for all ACRL 2015 scholarships is Friday, Nov. 7, 2014, and there are six scholarship categories:
- Early-career Librarian Scholarships - provide opportunities for librarians with less than six years of post-MLS experience to update their skills and knowledge.
- Mid-career Librarian Scholarships (new for ACRL 2015) - provide opportunities for librarians with more than six and less than 15 years of post-MLS experience to update their skills and knowledge.
- Library Support Staff Scholarships - provide opportunities for library support staff to attend the premier event for academic and research libraries.
- Library School Student Scholarships - provide opportunities for library school students to learn more about current issues and developments in academic and research libraries.
- Spectrum Scholar Travel Grants - provide opportunities for Spectrum Scholars to attend the ACRL conference for professional development and networking with colleagues or mentors through the ACRL Dr. E.J. Josey Spectrum Scholar Mentor Program.
- Virtual Conference Scholarships - provide unique opportunities for collaboration, learning and networking online.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook atwww.facebook.com/ala.acrl and Twitter at @ala_acrl.