MIDDLETOWN, CONN., CHICAGO — The ACRL-CHOICE webinar program connecting academic and research librarians with a host of content and service providers, publishers and other experts who serve their market is back with an exciting new roster of topics and speakers. Since the program launched in 2013, thousands of participants have attended the 60-minute, live interactive webinars that provide a vibrant forum for discussion among sponsors and an unmatched academic library audience of ACRL members and CHOICE users and fans. Experts, authors and publishing representatives have presented sessions on topics pertinent to today’s academic libraries that have recently included eBooks in academic libraries, expert databases, the importance of STEM and strategies for finding reliable international statistics and publications.
Upcoming ACRL-CHOICE webinars will cover a wide gamut of new topics important to academic libraries. Registration information for each event is available by clicking on the event title.
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2 p.m. ET – Library Management for the Digital Age, sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group.
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 2 p.m. ET – Make Acquisition & Assessment Easy, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23, 12 p.m. ET – Supporting Research Methods in the Library, sponsored by SAGE.
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 2 p.m. ET – Around the World in 60 Minutes without Leaving your Library! An Exploration of Historical Collections for Today’s Researcher, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2 p.m. ET – Building Library Community through Social Media, sponsored by Springer.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2 p.m. ET – The United History of 68 Tribes, sponsored by Gale/Cengage.
- Thursday, Oct. 9, 2 p.m. ET - Navigating New Acquisition Models for Multimedia Content, sponsored by Alexander Street Press.
- Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2 p.m. ET - Intota: Library Information through Discovery, Collection Management and Assessment, sponsored by ProQuest.
- Thursday, Oct. 16, 2 p.m. ET - Exploring the Economic Impact of Climate Change, Inequality, Unemployment, and More with the IMF eLibrary, sponsored by International Monetary Fund.
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, 1 p.m. ET – SHARE, CHORUS, and Open Access: What you Need to Know, sponsored by SAGE.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2 p.m. ET - The Evolution of Research Management and the Role of the Library, sponsored by ProQuest.
Late fall will also see webinars sponsored by Elsevier, Mango Learning, McGraw-Hill and others. The program offers an exceptional way for libraries to learn about new ideas, developments and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their market. It also allows sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback from the academic library community.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook at www.facebook.com/ala.acrl and Twitter at @ala_acrl.
Choice is a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries, a division of the American Library Association. Founded in 1964, Choice has been the premier source for reviews of academic books and digital resources of interest to scholars and students in higher education for over 50 years. Please visit Choice at www.choice360.org for more information.