Products hot off the press, special events at the ALA Store
For Immediate Release
American Library Association
CHICAGO — Longer hours and easy access in the Grand Concourse of the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center make it more convenient to shop and browse at the ALA Store. The ALA Store offers products that meet the widest range of your promotional and continuing education/professional development needs—as well as fun gift items. Make sure to carve out some time in your schedule to stop by and examine the many new and bestselling items available!
ALA Store hours:
Friday, June 27 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 28 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 29 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday, June 30 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
ALA Graphics will feature a number of popular posters, bookmarks and promotional materials, including the conference debuts of a new mini poster set and bookmark set featuring the Avengers from Marvel Comics; a Spider-Man poster and bookmark; a Taylor Swift poster; and a new poster featuring artwork by Oliver Jeffers. Stop by early to get your pick of conference t-shirts—they sell out fast!
ALA Editions and ALA divisions are excited to offer several new titles hot off the press, such as the newest book from early literacy experts Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting and Kathy Fling Klatt, “STEP into Storytime: Using StoryTime Effective Practice to Strengthen the Development of Newborns to Five-Year-Olds.” Other great new titles include the “The Top Technologies Every Librarian Needs to Know: A LITA Guide,” edited by Kenneth J. Varnum, and “Snapshots of Reality: A Practical Guide to Formative Assessment in Library Instruction,” by Mary Snyder Broussard, Rachel Hickoff-Cresko and Jessica Urick Oberlin.
Remember that you can also now find titles from ALA Neal-Schuman and Facet Publishing in the ALA Store. All ALA Editions, ALA Neal-Schuman and Facet books will be 20 percent off the list price (an additional 10 percent off the ALA Member price). You can also get free shipping on all book orders placed in the ALA Store (posters, bookmarks and other gift-type items are not eligible for this offer).
Stop by the ALA Store to learn more about our eLearning products, as well as take part in live demos of our online subscription products, RDA Toolkit and Guide to Reference.
A bevy of special events are scheduled for the ALA Store, so mark your calendars now! Meet high-profile authors and pick up an autographed READ poster:
Friday, June 27
- 4:30 p.m.: Betsy Diamant-Cohen, Linda Ernst, Kathy Fling Klatt, Saroj Nadkarni Ghoting, Dawn Roginski: book signing (early literacy experts and authors)
Saturday, June 28
- 10 a.m.: Nick Bruel: poster signing (author and illustrator of “Bad Kitty”)
- 1 p.m.: Tom Angleberger: poster signing (author of the “Origami Yoda” series)
- 2 p.m.: Hilda K. Weisburg: book signing (author of “School Librarian’s Career Planner”)
- 3:30 p.m.: Richard Moniz (co-author, “Fundamentals for the Academic Liaison”) and Heidi Buchanan & Beth McDonough (authors, “The One-Shot Library Instruction Survival Guide”): book signing
Sunday, June 29
- 2:00 p.m.: Suzanne Bloom: poster signing (author and Illustrator of the Goose and Bear stories)
- 3:30 p.m.: Eileen G. Harrington (author, “Exploring Environmental Science with Children and Teens”) and Kathy Isaacs (author, “Bugs, Bogs, Bats, and Books: Sharing Nature with Children through Reading”): book signing
Prices at the ALA Store automatically reflect the ALA Member discount, so there’s no need to dig out your Member number. And remember that every dollar you spend at the ALA Store helps support library advocacy, awareness, and other key programs and initiatives!