PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE: ALA to discuss new directions for digital content at Annual Conference
For Immediate Release
LAS VEGAS—The ebooks conference session “ALA and Moving Ahead with Digital Content” will now take place on Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N255/257. Previously, the session was set to take place at 1:00 p.m.
Program attendees will learn about recent ebook activities and future plans for digital content more broadly. During the session, a panel of library experts will explore future directions and important digital content trends, including key policy issues that impact libraries. The session will include an interactive question-and-answer period, and attendees are welcome to provide their thoughts on these important issues.
- Chair: Sari Feldman, incoming ALA president-elect, executive director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library and Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Moderator: Robert Wolven, Columbia University associate university librarian and ALA Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Paige Bentley-Flannery, community librarian, Deschutes Public Library (Oregon)
- Alan S. Inouye, director of the American Library Association’s Office for Information Technology Policy
- James Neal, member of the American Library Association’s Executive Board and vice president of Columbia University
WHEN: Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m.
WHERE: Las Vegas Convention Center (Room N255/257), 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
REGISTER: To attend the conference session, email Jazzy Wright, press officer of the American Library Association’s Washington Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.