LAS VEGAS—The ebooks conference session “ALA and Moving Ahead with Digital Content” will now take place on Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N255/257. Previously, the session was set to take place at 1:00 p.m.
Program attendees will learn about recent ebook activities and future plans for digital content more broadly. During the session, a panel of library experts will explore future directions and important digital content trends, including key policy issues that impact libraries. The session will include an interactive question-and-answer period, and attendees are welcome to provide their thoughts on these important issues.
- Chair: Sari Feldman, incoming ALA president-elect, executive director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library and Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Moderator: Robert Wolven, Columbia University associate university librarian and ALA Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Paige Bentley-Flannery, community librarian, Deschutes Public Library (Oregon)
- Alan S. Inouye, director of the American Library Association’s Office for Information Technology Policy
- James Neal, member of the American Library Association’s Executive Board and vice president of Columbia University
WHEN: Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m.
WHERE: Las Vegas Convention Center (Room N255/257), 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
REGISTER: To attend the conference session, email Jazzy Wright, press officer of the American Library Association’s Washington Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.