Participate in the ALCTS Photo Scavenger Hunt at Annual in Las Vegas
For Immediate Release
Continuing Education and Program Manager
Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
CHICAGO — Attending the ALA Annual Conference 2014 in Las Vegas? Join in the fun and participate in the ALCTS Photo Scavenger Hunt! Read on for details.
Photo Scavenger Hunt
Running from Friday night through Monday of Annual (Friday, June 27 – Monday, June 30) you can score points by snapping photos of all the great people, places and things going on around you. Programs, meetings, booths, authors, Las Vegas landmarks and even fellow ALA-ers are on our daily photo lists. The Hunt will kick off Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. at ALCTS 101 in the Las Vegas Hotel Pavilion, where you'll be able to get a head start on the competition. Score the most points and you can win from our collection of fabulous prizes. You could win:
• Grand Prize: 2014 ALA Annual Conference Registration Reimbursement
• 2nd Place: $100 American Express Gift Card
• 3rd Place: $65 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
• 4th Place: ALCTS CE Certificate Good for one free individual registration to an ALCTS Webinar
• 5th Place: $25 Starbucks Gift Card
How to Play
• Snap photos of items from the posted lists each day. List items are not repeatable (each item only counts once towards your score).
• Post your photos to Flickr, Twitter, or Instagram (pick one service to use for the game) and TAG them with #alaac14 and #alctsac14.
• Remember, don't split up your photos between the different services.
• If using Flickr, join the ALCTS at Annual 2014 Flickr Group and ADD your photos to the group.
• You can submit photos from a previous day's list to collect HALF the points.
• Points will be given based on the DATE TAKEN date in Flickr or the DATE POSTED date in Twitter and Instagram. This means if you post a photo on Instagram that you took the day before, you'll only collect half the points.
• All photos must be easily identifiable (i.e. photos of people should include name badges, photos of places should include distinguishing features or signs, etc.). Adding a caption describing your photo would help us greatly when tabulating points.
The list of daily items to be photographed will be posted to the ANMIG ALA Connect page, as well as the Flickr group discussion board by 8:30 am PDT each day. Winners will be decided by point totals and any ties will be broken by random drawing. All photos must be posted and, if using Flickr, added to the ALCTS at ALA Annual 2014 group by Wednesday, July 2 at midnight PDT. Winners will be announced shortly after Annual Conference and prizes will be redeemed through Julie Reese in the ALCTS Office.