Applications/nominations invited for C&RL editor
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO — Applications and nominations are invited for the position of editor of College & Research Libraries (C&RL), the scholarly research journal of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). The association seeks an innovative, experienced candidate to lead its top-tier, open access journal with an eye to the future of scholarly publishing. The editor is appointed for a three-year term, which may be renewed for an additional three years. Applicants must be a member of ALA and ACRL at the time of appointment.
- Professional experience in academic libraries;
- Broad knowledge of current issues facing academic and research libraries;
- Record of scholarly publishing;
- Editing experience, preferably in the scholarly publishing environment;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, current trends and innovations in scholarly communication, including open access and digital publishing;
- Knowledge of current trends in reader engagement, including social media integration; and
- Organizational and communication skills, including the ability to meet, and hold others to, publication deadlines.
Some funding for editorial assistance and travel to relevant conferences is available, and there is a small honorarium for the editor.
Appointment will be made by the ACRL Board of Directors at, or prior to, the 2015 ALA Annual Conference upon the recommendation of the search committee and the ACRL Publications Coordinating Committee. The incoming editor will serve as editor-designate for one year before assuming full responsibility for C&RL in July 2016.
Nominations or resumes and letters of application, including the names of three references, should be sent to:
C&RL Search Committee
c/o Dawn Mueller
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
The deadline for receipt of applications is October 31, 2014. Finalists will be interviewed at the 2015 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Chicago or by phone shortly after Midwinter.
The Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) is the higher education association for librarians. Representing more than 11,500 academic and research librarians and interested individuals, ACRL (a division of the American Library Association) is the only individual membership organization in North America that develops programs, products and services to help academic and research librarians learn, innovate and lead within the academic community. Founded in 1940, ACRL is committed to advancing learning and transforming scholarship. ACRL is on the Web at www.acrl.org/, Facebook at www.facebook.com/ala.acrl and Twitter at @ala_acrl.