Library Interior Design Awards submission deadline is March 28
For Immediate Release
LLAMA program officer
CHICAGO — The Online Entry Form for the 2014 ALA/IIDA Library Interior Design Awards is now available. This biennial competition is co-sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA). The awards honor excellence in library interior design. Award winners demonstrate excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, function and satisfaction of the client’s objectives. The competition is managed by the LLAMA Buildings and Equipment Section (BES) Interior Design Awards Committee. The deadline to submit an entry is March 28, 2014.
The winning projects are selected by a jury of design and library professionals. Winning designers and their library clients will be honored at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas and published in American Libraries and Contract.
Any library interior design project, small or large, completed between Oct. 1, 2011 and Oct. 1, 2013 may be entered. In addition, one category honors a project currently in the design phase and not under construction. Each project may be entered in only one category. Award categories include the following:
• Public Libraries (30,000 square feet and under)
• Public Libraries (more than 30,000-square-feet)
• Academic Libraries (30,000 square feet and under)
• Academic Libraries (more than 30,000 square feet)
• Special Libraries (30,000 square feet and under)
• Special Libraries (more than 30,000 square feet)
• Outstanding Historic Renovation Project
• “Single Space” Design (a small project focused on a specific room or area in a library)
• “On the Boards” (a project currently in the design phase and not under construction)
For questions or more information about the award, contact Fred Reuland, Program Officer at ALA/LLAMA/BES.