LLAMA Webinar offers help for managing disperse teams
For Immediate Release
CHICAGO – Leading a team of staff members who are physically separated from one another presents special challenges for today’s library leaders. Understanding these challenges and the best ways to meet them can help your team run smoothly. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “Leading in Absence: Ideas for managing a disperse team” at 1:30 – 3 P.M. (Central time).on Wednesday, March 26
This webinar will present methods and concepts for managing a team when members are not located next to or near each other, whether separated by different floors in the same building, different buildings in a close area or separated by long distances such as different states or countries.
By the end of this webinar participants will:
- know key factors for leading a successful dispersed team.
- understand principles for managers of dispersed teams;
- learn considerations for chairpersons of location diverse committees;
- have a description and brief explanation of traditional methods for dispersed team management;
- explore newer tools, such as online meeting options, document sharing possibilities, scheduling tools and more that can aid in the management of a dispersed team.
Presenter: Kelly Sattler, head of Web services, Michigan State University, Lansing
LLAMA member: $49
Non-LLAMA member $59
LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $199
Non-LLAMA group rate (5 or more people at one site) $239
Register online: http://tinyurl.com/3zhtecm
Register with a purchase order or by mail: registration form (PDF, 1 pg.).
For questions about this webinar or other LLAMA programs, contact Fred Reuland. email@example.com
About the Library Leadership and Management Association
The Library Leadership and Management Association (www.ala.org/llama) advances outstanding leadership and management practices in library and information services by encouraging and nurturing individual excellence in current and aspiring library leaders. LLAMA is a division of the American Library Association.